[ZOO-PSC] [mapserver-users] Tinyows as a WFS-T server - error commiting write

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Apr 5 05:36:45 PDT 2016

Hi Venka,

Thanks for responding to me.  I've removed your private message, because
I'd like to respond to the entire ZOO-Project steering committee.

I think it is great that ZOO-Project is moving to the cloud.

In terms of MS4W, as you know I have for a very long time tried to
promote the powers of MS4W.  Since September it has been revived, and it
has never been stronger (passing over 5,000 downloads per month
recently).  I track all of the statistics very closely now.

I don't believe that projects realize how much their users rely on MS4W
(such as OpenLayers, GeoMOOSE, Mapbender, MapServer, and soon
ZOO-Project).  Funding is provided for development of core features for
these projects, but packaging is always forgotten.  So that is where I
jump in, with no funding (ha, the story of my career).

My point really is to reach out to the ZOO-Project steering committee,
and let them know that I am focused on enhancing MS4W with WPS (and
WFS-T) capabilities, of course through the ZOO-Project.  I truly see
this as a big enhancement for the MapServer and ZOO-Project communities.
  And to let the ZOO-Project know that my company Gateway Geomatics is
committed to this.

So I hope that you will see public messages from me soon, as we tackle
compiling and adding ZOO-Project to MS4W.  Maybe that appveyor work
recently done will help, at the moment I am not sure.  But thank you to
Gérald for sharing that news.

Ok thanks for talking, have a great week everyone,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/