[ZOO-PSC] [mapserver-users] Tinyows as a WFS-T server - error commiting write

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Apr 4 09:32:11 PDT 2016

Hello Gérald,

Congratulations on your appveyor work.

It is interesting timing of course, as I am working very hard on the
MS4W build process, preparing the environment for the ZOO-Project.  I've
been fulltime on MS4W since September, when ms4w.com was launched.

Of course, in the perfect world your response would have been "great
timing, we really need ZOO-Project distributed on Windows, with
MapServer 7 support, and instead of spending so much time learning the
process ourselves, we have chosen to fund Gateway Geomatics to add this
into MS4W, for the entire MapServer and ZOO-Project community".  :)

Good luck with your appveyors builds.

As you know, or might not know, MS4W environment is much different than
the environment you chose.  All libraries are kept uptodate, and a
strict release cycle is followed (this makes sure all 160+ libraries are
kept uptodate, which, maybe you should check into about the libraries
you chose to use, you will find most are very old).  It is a lot of
work, as you are finding out (likely why you chose to use libraries
compiled elsewhere).  None of the 160+ libraries are compiled
externally, it is all done in-house.

Anyway, I just thought I'd update the ZOO-Project PSC with this effort.
  I hope to have something to the MapServer community soon.  As you
noticed in my recent public messages, the GeoMOOSE developer community
has been using MS4W for their WFS-T through TinyOWS (I did all that
unfunded by the way).  I am doing the same for ZOO-Project.

I expect you'll see public messages from me this month, on issues
related to these builds.  I can imagine I'll be hitting many issues,
with newer library versions, compilers, and all that fun, soon :))))

Thanks for listening,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna