[ZOO-PSC] Requesting funds to go the FOSS4G 2017

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Jul 26 06:58:10 PDT 2017

Hi Daniel,
sorry for late answer.

I have started to answer your email yesterday but finally never has pressed the send button.

One more time, it is a real shame for me for not being able to pay from my own pocket to go in this Boston FOSS4G. The main point that has make me taking such a hard decision is that I agreed with what you, Maxi and Markus has said earlier. So, I don’t feel confortable to ask the OSGeo board to take a decision I am not really in favor of. Initially I was, but then looking at the comments I have received I feel uncomfortable now.

In case I have had a huge support from the PSC, this would not hurt, but I personally feel that everyone involved in the ZOO-Project is also taking very good care of the OSGeo fundation that is why we arrive to this situation with not much support. And I think it is perfectly fair.

One more time, I don’t want us to ask to OSGeo something that sounds not acceptable to our ZOO-Project community and especially our valuable PSC members.

Best regards everyone and have nice end of the week.

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay