[Aust-NZ] Incorporation of Aust-NZ chapter

Dr. Markus Lupp lupp at lat-lon.de
Sun Apr 6 19:41:33 EDT 2008

Dear listers,

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au schrieb:

> IMO:
>
> I had a quick look through recent emails and see the following
> nominations for director:
>
> - Cameron Shorter
> - Tim Bowden
> - Shoaib Burq
> - * Harley Prowse
> - * Markus Lupp
> - Bruce Bannerman
>
> Have I missed any nominations?
>
> Does anyone decline the nomination? Please speak up now if you do.
After thinking about this for some time and checking some additional
information, I want to decline the nomination. The reasons for this have
to do exclusively with my rather termporary status on West-Timor. I am
afraid that it would be more trouble than benifit for me and all people
involved if I had a formal position on the Aust-NZ chapter. I will
nonetheless be happy to contribute to the Aust-NZ endeavor.

Best regards,

Markus

> Do we have any suggestions on how to vote (so that we don't embarass
> anyone).
>

> =====
>
> * There is still a question mark over whether foreign nationals who do
> not reside in Australia can be directors of an body incorporated in
> WA. We'll need to wait for Tim's workload to allow a response on this.
>
> ASIC appear to allow it for a not for profit organisation:
>
> http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/ASIC.NSF/byHeadline/Starting%20a%20company%20or%20business#step_4
>
> http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Registering+not-for-profit+or+charitable+organisations?openDocument
>

> Bruce Bannerman
>

> Notice:
> This email and any attachments may contain information that is
> personal, confidential,
> legally privileged and/or copyright. No part of it should be
> reproduced, adapted or communicated without the prior written consent
> of the copyright owner.
>
> It is the responsibility of the recipient to check for and remove viruses.
>
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by
> return email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. You
> are not authorised to use, communicate or rely on the information
> contained in this email.

Dr. Markus Lupp
l a t / l o n  GmbH
Kupang-NTT, Indonesia