[Aust-NZ] ANZLIC template for GeoNetwork?

Byron cochranes4 at eml.cc
Sun Nov 13 13:24:39 EST 2011

Hi John,

The answer to your question is that what you are asking for is nearly
there.

Plugin Schema support has been a priority in the GeoNetwork 2.7 - 2.8
release. The latest builds of 2.7 do have support for the ANZLIC
profile, but it is not quite production ready.  I would recommend
waiting a couple of months for the production release (2.8) but you
can download and build the 2.7 version to check it out at - http://geonetwork.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geonetwork/trunk
. To use the plugin schemas you will also need to down load the schema
repository at http://geonetwork.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geonetwork/schemas
.

Note: to load the ANZLIC Schema you will need to name it
iso19139.anzlic in the "Add metadata schema/profile" administration
gui, and then browse to the zipped file  in your just built schemas
directory called iso19139.anzlic.zip. Be sure to add the templates for
the profile after this.

Also, you may want to check out the new alternative user interface
that you can enable in the config-gui file.

You may be aware of the GeoNetwork User Group meeting taking place
today and tomorrow in Canberra. Your questions will be answered there.
Look for documentation of this conference appearing soon. Simon Pigot,
who is a core GeoNetwork developer is heavily involved in this meeting
and will be shedding some light on precisely these questions you ask.

Cheers,
Byron Cochrane
LISAsoft