[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania: update & next committee meeting

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:28:36 PST 2017

Hi committee members,

Going by the results of the Doodle poll
<https://doodle.com/poll/c8tfkxtcqdpw8545>, there is support for a few
options. Let's go with next Monday 18th at 12pm AEDT. In all relevant time
zones
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=12&day=18&hour=1&min=0&sec=0&p1=196&p2=47&p3=240&p4=57&p5=152&p6=396&p7=2095&p8=264>
:

LocationLocal TimeTime ZoneUTC Offset
Perth <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/perth> (Australia -
Western Australia) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 9:00:00 am AWST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/awst> UTC+8 hours
Brisbane <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/brisbane> (Australia
- Queensland) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 11:00:00 am AEST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aest> UTC+10 hours
Sydney <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/sydney> (Australia
- New South Wales) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 12:00:00 noon AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Canberra <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/canberra> (Australia
- Australian Capital Territory) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 12:00:00 noon
AEDT <https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Melbourne <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/melbourne>
(Australia
- Victoria) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 12:00:00 noon AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Hobart <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/hobart> (Australia
- Tasmania) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 12:00:00 noon AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Palmerston North
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/new-zealand/palmerston-north> (New
Zealand) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 2:00:00 pm NZDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/nzdt> UTC+13 hours
Wellington <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/new-zealand/wellington> (New
Zealand) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 2:00:00 pm NZDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/nzdt> UTC+13 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 18 December 2017 at 01:00:00
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20171218T0100>

Agenda:

   - Decide on conference length
   - Decide on dates
   - Discuss roles, in the context of early priorities (see timeline
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mU6beJA7NteqCNQ6iW7LpCL-06lwwxnESnvcRAY6nT8/edit#gid=0>,
   and please feel free to edit it)
   - ...?

There is another thread on this mailing list discussing the conference
length question - *it would be great to get more input there to help guide
the discussion, please contribute your thoughts*.

At the last meeting, it was agreed we'd continue to run with video meetings
for now. I'll send out an invite to committee members to join a video
linkup right before the meeting time. We could use Jitsi again if people
are OK with that? We had trouble hearing one of the attendees last time,
but I don't know if that was due to their bandwidth problems or the
platform. Perhaps we go with Jitsi in the first instance, and have Google
Hangouts as a backup.

If you aren't currently on the committee member list
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ao1NsG-Qwq3ovn6LtQ29Z5iXr0cowyCmHSKMFy8XTiY>,
but wish to be, please make yourself known.

*If you have any additional agenda items, please chime in*. Looking forward
to making this progress!

Cheers
John