[Belgium] FOSS4G-be 2016: Request interpretation

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Tue May 17 10:23:14 PDT 2016

Thanks Joris for your comments.

As FOSS4G.be aims at being a local event we decided since last year that
having NL-FR & FR-NL was the priority to reach the widest possible Belgian
audience (people from administration and students). Last FOSS4G.be we
noticed in particular that a lot of people took French helmets during the
event.

About the English translation we think it can be helpful for people coming
from abroad especially with the SotM (http://2016.stateofthemap.org) being
the next day...

In principle, we do not have a lot of cost thanks to Bruxelles
Environnement - Leefmilieu Brussel <http://www.ibgebim.be/> and the price
the translators propose seems the most competitive to me (the other
proposition that I had was way more expensive).

Otherwise, regarding the ENG->NL->FR translation, they say they can manage
that. I'm still a bit skeptical but they claim it should not hurt the
understanding.

Thanks Marc and Gaël for your answer.

Others from FOSS4G team (and more particularly Dirk & Oliver) may I confirm
that we will work with these two interpreters ?

Kind regards,
Maë//e