[Bootcamp08] Registration for OSGeo BootCamp 08

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 16 15:35:49 EDT 2008

Thanks for your reply Andrew. I am looking forward to the post of the
program and additional info to be able to make our mind on what the
event will be like. Since this is a first, it's hard for outsiders to
get an idea of the size and importance of the event and to make plans
around it. Any information you can share on this list will be useful to
everyone I'm sure.

Thanks for your work on this!

Daniel

Andrew Ross wrote:

> Thank you for your email. Yes, confirmed. By adding yourself to the mailing
> list, you are registered. We wanted to keep the process very light weight.
>
> There's plenty of room at this point. We have rooms confirmed to allow a
> capacity of 658, no where near that yet on this list.
>
> Because I can easily see how many are registered, and chances are people on
> the list are attending, or at least thinking about it. I was planning to
> work backwards and ask if there are any registered on the mailing list who
> are not planning to attend and subtract them. It seemed like a reasonable
> idea.
>

> I could use everyone's help to spread the word about the event and
> especially to poke people who might make good speakers. On that note, I plan
> to post the abstracts in the coming weeks and soon after post the
> schedule/rooms.
>
> I am happy to report we have raised a firm $7K (tentatively $12K) of towards
> our $20K budget goal for the event to cover the cost of food & prizes. Some
> additional logos will be going up very soon as the companies provide them to
> us. Any help finding potential sponsors would also help.
>
> If there's any other suggestions about the event, please feel free to shout
> it out. I welcome the input and won't be offended.
>
> Also, feel free to discuss travel plans, meet ups, and such. This list is
> intended to be informal.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Andrew

Daniel Morissette