[RNFdev] Some thoughts of FSA Centroids and Polygons

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Wed Sep 27 16:42:36 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,

I'm unclear on a couple of things. You indicate:
> The thought is
>
> 1. Create the reduced RNF
> 2. Create the FSA Centorids
> 3. in a GIS import both the reduced RNF and the FSA centroids
> 4. do some queries:
>         a. find all polygons with one FSA point
>         b. find all polygons with more than one FSA point
>         c. find all polygons lacking any FSA tag
> 5. use this info to help with manual edits.
What I'm confused about two things. First, which polygons are you
referring to above? The reduced RNF contains only road segments and
other lines (not polygons), FSA centroids contains only points, or
are you referring to the CSD polygons? The mention of FSA centroids
leads to my second question, specifically, are the FSA centroids the
ones available from geoconnections? If yes, they appear to have some
accuracy issues.

I've also been thinking about other things we could that would be
easier than creating FSA polygons. I have an idea, but I don't know
if it feasible.

Dan