[RNFdev] Some thoughts of FSA Centroids and Polygons

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Sep 28 09:15:59 EDT 2006

I guess my brain storm made sense to only my brain.

I'll try to clarify. Some abstract thought was probably involved in my
brain.

The polygons I originally referred to were polygons created by the
thinned out RNF.... When a network of roads create a filled in shape
this can be thought of as a polygon. So changing the road network to a
series of polygons. This is obviously an imperfect method for all areas,
but may work well for the urban areas.

Then the FSA centroids will occur SOMEWHERE within these polygons...

These FSA centroids can act as vector polygon labels. These labels hold
the attribute data about a particular polygon.

1. Change vector lines to polygons
2. clean danglers and overshoots (loose ends that extend PAST an
intersection
3. investigate undershoots (where two lines have not meta and require a
virtual extension or more data
4. Attribute tabular data through the FSA centroid as labels
5. investigate tagged polygons as bellow

Does this make more sense?

What is your unfeasible idea?