[Workshops] Machine setup

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Sep 28 21:05:38 EDT 2009

Sorry if this is asking the obvious, but does Apache get 80 (and will it
be running)?

I understand the desire to limit what workshops install and run as
services, but I think it also makes sense to limit the number of things
that every participant has to click through.

I was planning on writing up instructions for configuring Apache to
proxy GeoServer on port 80 and set up an alias for the root of the
workshop folder.

All the OpenLayers material assumes this (http://localhost/geoserver and
http://localhost/ol_workshop).

I had been planning on walking participants through starting GeoServer.
  And I had been assuming we'd have an http server running on 80 that
could get to the workshop folder.

Tim

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org