[OSGeo-Discuss] Degree vs GeoTools API

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Thu Feb 11 17:52:14 EST 2010

thx for the nice reply .

i have work with our goverment spatial division, teaching java, and
they are 100% blank in development, this is a transformation program
from a division to create map become a services entity ->
www.bakosutranal.go.id

i am also teaching highschool develop apps on Java, and we success
create web java programmer in architectural mode, and they will get
schoolarship to university, mostly they are poor and smart, and
several dont have computer, and several never visit Jakarta (they
families never visit Jakarta)..

my idea to help them to the level that they can provide solution.

Landon, ur reply sound that using Geotools API will harder for them?
is that right?

i am still working for both to find the best one

hope my reply can link our problem. we have human resource and bad
education program in this country, so may be our student different
with people outside this country