[OSGeo Finance] financial status overview?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Apr 16 14:01:32 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
<tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> The main surprise for me is having to pay out so much for FOSS4G at this
> time before they've received their sponsorship cheques.  That alone eats 1/3
> of our reserves with little hope of payback.

Don't confuse current cash flow with final results. 2009 has had fewer
early cheques from sponsorship, and also has larger hard commitments
for booking deposits. I will be forwarding the latest budget to the
board before the weekend with commentary.

In order for the $50K not to return, they would have to actually
*lose* $50K at the end of the day, and with the proposed budget
adjustment and the general bent towards over-pessimism in attendance
and other projections, I don't see that likely. $50K loss was a worst
case scenario under the *old* budget assumptions (and didn't even take
into account that the (separately budgeted) workshops would likely
return a $8K profit.

P.