[FOSS-GPS] rtkrcv static

Dan Cook danco at cox.net
Tue Jun 14 12:31:52 PDT 2016

I am just about complete with my small project of implementing the CMR
protocol for RTKLIB including CMR+, high speed observables (5Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz)
and "Leica" GLONASS observables.

In order to facilitate testing I have set up a baseline in my backyard
consisting of two survey grade L1/L2 receivers on two fixed height tripods
spaced five meters apart. I treat one as a base and the other as a rover.
Standalone this works very well, both with RTCM3 and with CMR/CMR+/CMR 5Hz
output from the base.

Before testing my CMR code, I need to get a "baseline comparable test" using
RTCM3 to work. This is no problem if I use the RTKNAVI binary. Instant fixed
solution. Wow that RTKNAVI really works well.  But I can't build a new
RTKNAVI with CMR support, I don't have the required build environment for
it, so won't be able to use it for CMR testing/debugging. I can build
RTKRCV. I can build it both on Windows with Visual Studio 2012 Express and
on a Fedora Linux with gcc. Unfortunately, unlike RTKNAVI, I haven't been
able to get RTKRCV to work. I've barely got it doing SINGLE solutions.
STATIC always fails with "no double-differenced residual" errors and outputs
only SINGLE solutions.

Hmm, what could I be doing wrong? I've tried playing around with the
settings in RTKRCV.CONF to no avail. I can't say I know the internals of
RTKLIB well enough to get past this without help. And if I can't get past
this, I won't be able to complete my project.

Anyone have any ideas?