[FOSS4G-Oceania] Letter of Intent to host FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 in Wellington, NZ

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:31:21 PST 2018

Hi all

I am pleased to submit a letter of intent to host FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019
in Wellington, New Zealand
<https://gist.github.com/dwsilk/1ee1f0347a0c386438504c3e20022df7>.

It's early days, and there are many more people and organisations that I'm
yet to reach out to - but I strongly believe that Wellington would be a
great host city for a successful event.

We have a lot to discuss at the committee gatherings in Melbourne next week
regarding what has worked and what hasn't, and we should put that into
immediate effect by passing it on to the next committee.

I would also be extremely grateful if anyone on the existing committee
would like me to add their name to the team for next year. As Cameron has
previously mentioned, having an extremely engaged committee has made this a
rewarding experience, and I hope that continues.

I am keen to hear any feedback or concerns regarding this proposal. If it
is the only forthcoming proposal and the committee accepts it, I would also
be happy to announce it during the closing of the next week's (!)
conference in Melbourne.

Many thanks
Daniel