[FOSS4G-Oceania] * Important - budget update *

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 17:07:23 PDT 2018

Thanks Cameron, well put. A couple of responses to keep the discussion
going here (would be keen to get some additional guidance from the group on
how we tackle this):

*We should invite SSSI to contribute to the discussion about how the
> surplus is spent *

I agree. Kerry is in this group and can report to SSSI directly & provide
insight into SSSI's position, but we should also continue the dialogue with
Peter Olah (SSSI CEO), and when we have greater clarity on the final
surplus (post conf?), we should aim for some productive discussion on
what's next (including potentially re-investing some of the surplus).

*ensure we continue to make our maximum budgeted surplus*

 I would be interested to know which amount this committee feels would be
appropriate here. We have:

   - Target surplus in our agreement with SSSI ($3k-$10k)
   - The surplus in the budget we all approved
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EbEKlskspq358FxTyfPsVorhibAjLeCzMEIw-ko4thg>
on
   5 June ($22k, with the attached note '**actual target surplus is $10,000
   - this is a conservative budget to accommodate the unknowns in our first
   year*')
   - Current adjusted budget surplus (approved budget incorporating changes
   we've agreed to along the way, currently at $14k)