[FOSS4G-Oceania] Decision: Where to hold lightning talks

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 18:04:04 PDT 2018

Hi Martin

Well I did group talks, based on their primary topic, or content.

For example, there were only 3 talks that I could put under a 'science'
heading. We can potentially do better, but what is there is categories that
group all the talks into reasonably good groups of five.

Cheers,

Alex

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 10:58 Martin Tomko <tomkom at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> No – we received a ssingle academic submission, which the authors agreed
> to accept as a general talk. We can group them thematically that way.
>
> Alex, all, I would suggest we come with better ( and not duplicated)
> Session names, once we know what to group together. There really is no
> point doing this before we group talks. As far as I know, we have not ddone
> this yet.
>

> Martin
>

> *From: *FOSS4G-Oceania <foss4g-oceania-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf
> of John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Tuesday, 18 September 2018 at 10:55 am
> *To: *"foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org" <foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Decision: Where to hold lightning talks
>

> Thanks Alex, it's starting to take some nice shape!
>

> Were we going to include an academic/science stream?

Alex Leith
0419 189 050