[FOSS4G-UK] Call for Talks

Dan Ormsby dormsby at sparkgeo.com
Wed Jun 7 09:47:36 PDT 2023

Hi Nick,

On the call for talks, one issue for Bristol is that we will have to hire
an additional room for workshops, which we can do and cancel free of charge
provided our cancellation is at least 1 month in advance.  We therefore
need to know definitively before 7 August as to whether or not we are going
to have any workshops in Bristol to avoid additional charges.  That would
be fine if the call has a 31st July deadline, but not if it is extended to
7 August.  I guess 31 July could always be firm deadline for workshops in
Bristol even if other format talks could have an extended deadline to 7
August.  Other than that, call for talks all looks good to me :-).

Dan

On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 at 14:53, Nick Bearman <
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have checked through the Call for Talks, and it is shared on Google
> Drive at
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vbnd_1SWFyGFWP4ut-ezNQaRCZrLV9QX6QrrxY8Zp1Q/edit.
>

> We need to choose an initial deadline. We discussed an initial deadline
> of 31st July, with possible extension to 7th Aug. Is everyone ok with this?
>
> I have also added the notes about a) workshop availability and b)
> providing PDF slides 24 hours beforehand.
>
> Any other comments / suggestions?
>
> I will aim to add some details to the website soon (today/tomorrow) and
> we can release this together.
>
> Best wishes,
> Nick.
>
> --
> Nick Bearman
> +44 (0) 7717745715
> nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
>
> Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of
> normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of
> your own working pattern.
>

> --

I’m Dan Ormsby, UK Lead at *Sparkgeo*.

We provide geospatial expertise to tech companies.

Reach me at dormsby at sparkgeo.com or on LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielormsby/>

+44 7880794939