[FOSS4G-UK] [External] FOSS4G-UK - Basingstoke

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jun 22 07:20:29 PDT 2023

The logo generation is (almost)  fully automatic so all I had to do was add
Basingstoke and some coordinates to a shapefile. And fix some bugs. The
texts round the outside needed a bit of manual adjusting though, and the
positioning isn't perfect but it'll have to do unless we can reshape the UK
a bit. Will post new version shortly. I made the text a bit bigger too. No
more new venues please :)

I'll pre-empt something people might ask - as you mouseover the venue on
the location it highlights and people might think this is a hyperlink and
clickable to go to the venue page. That would be *real nice* but currently
because reasons (the SVG is included as an <object> tag and so links within
it seem to replace the object and not the web page. There may be ways round
this but I'm not sure I have time.)

Logo with Basingstoke live on site now.