[Foss4g2009] Re: Community Leaders: FOSS4G abstracts about to be announced

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:06:44 EDT 2009

foss4g community,
Could you all please help Simon and Harley check that community leaders
have sent out the press releases, as per:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_Process#Day_or_2_after_release

I don't expect that we should check up on all of them (we have an
amazing marketing pipeline of a few hundred community leaders who we ask
to forward press releases on for us), but we should chase as many as we
can, and in particular focus on the high value ones.

Once you have confirmed that someone has posted, update their row in
contacts list with a "Yes".
Contact list is at:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pu9014gybzrd1M6FqyOzGWg&hl=en_GB

Antti, could you please confirm the Media contacts. ~ 7 of them.

Ross, Bruce, and others based in Australia, could you please confirm the
Regional contacts. ~ 17 of them.

Tyler, Paul, Jeff McKenna, could we please tap into some of your
celebrity status to confirm that the international projects with lots of
subscribers have sent a message out. (The OSGeoListNumbers spreadsheet
ranks the lists by number of subscribers) There is ~ 100 on this list,
so if anyone can help on this list, please do. And I don't expect to get
to the bottom of it.