[fusion-dev] fusion and projection support

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Oct 6 14:08:35 EDT 2009

That change is required so that the Measure widget can work with maps in
various projections, otherwise the distances measured don't make sense
at all (for both MapServer and MapGuide).

I don't see how that revision would break a MapGuide application,
perhaps you can explain?

I am working on a patch for MapGuide side of things to set the
projection automatically. Ideally the MapGuide API would have a way of
returning the EPSG code for a map and indeed it does have
$csFactory->ConvertWktToEpsgCode($srs), however I am getting an error
whenever I try to use that "Could not convert to EPSG code from WKT". It
is for this reason that I put support for that in the Map extension
element in AppDef. If you can point to a better way of informing the
client about the EPSG code for the map I would be happy to hear it.

Mike