[fusion-trac] #121: Regression: Selection in an MGE Flexible Web Layout fails if a raster layer is visible and selectable

Fusion trac_fusion at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 5 13:46:06 EST 2008

#121: Regression: Selection in an MGE Flexible Web Layout fails if a raster layer
is visible and selectable
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  davewilson  |         Owner:  madair
     Type:  defect      |        Status:  assigned
    State:  Analysing   |       Browser:  All
       Os:  Windows     |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Comment (by davewilson):

 If I have just a raster image that is based on a connection to a file in a
 folder and it's the only thing in the map I can generate an "invalid
 filter" fdo error when attempting to select the raster. If after the error
 I zoom and select again I get an unclassified exception from the server. I
 spoke to Tom Fukushima and for now we think fusion should ignore raster
 layers during it's selection process, even though the map definition might
 say the layer is selectable. Currently our AJAX Viewer ignores raster
 layers during selection. The cpu also pins during this sequence which is
 odd. This doesn't happen with an uploaded image which suggests we probably
 have a problem with our raster provider.

 Something to consider for the future: does WMS support selection on raster
 requests? MapGuide can't distinguish between a WMS layer and raster layer
 at this point so even if it did we can't really support it. What about
 OpenLayers does it support selection on rasters?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/121#comment:4>
Fusion <http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion>