[fusion-users] Speed of Fusion vs MapFish (OpenLayers)

Andrew Parker andrew at source3.com
Wed Oct 29 17:47:04 EDT 2008

I am not sure if there is a way to make Fusion render maps as fast as
OpenLayers.  At this time, I just need a yes or no answer.

For example, it would be great if I could make my current Fusion
application (http://216.93.173.156/testing/) draw the map as fast as my
current OpenLayers application (http//:webgis.source3.com) and my
MapFish test at (http://http://216.93.173.156/MFtest/).

What I am using for a comparison is the Topo Map Layer with the USGS
wells (the data is limited to New Mexico, USA) at a scale of about
1:100,000.  When I zoom and pan, I like how fast OpenLayers/MapFish
redraws.

I went ahead and turned on the two layers that I am using for a
comparison in MapFish test and my Fusion test.

The topo is from TerraServer.  The USGS data is in PostGIS.

thanks,

~andrew