[fusion-users] PanQuery and pink backgrounds

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Sep 10 18:34:57 EDT 2008

I've seen #2 as well.  Not sure what causes it, and agree that it's
annoying.  It would be better if it didn't happen in the first place,
but if it's caused by a transitory server error or browser issue, it
would be nice if there was a retry queue.

Jason

From: Marc Pfister
Subject: [fusion-users] PanQuery and pink backgrounds

1.       Has anyone run into a case where some image in the OpenLayers
stack fails to load and instead returns a pink background and the broken
image icon at top left? We can occasionally make it happen with some
aggressive mousewheel work. The fun part is that the pink remains as a
background for all successive pans and zooms. I know OpenLayers is
making the pink tile and I can certainly just have it use white once the
site is in production, but I'm not really sure why it persists after pan
and zoom redraws.