[fusion-users] MapGuide HTTP tiles with Fusion?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 6 14:55:53 EST 2009

Cool.

This would really help in working around MapGuide's single-threaded
raster provider... but also would allow me to maintain a single base map
that is used by multiple overlays; way less storage, etc, etc.  Hmm.
Ideally, the appdef would allow me to define base maps that would be
available to all "themes".

I wonder if the tile cache root URL would be better specified at the
appdef map level rather than in the config.

The reason I think this is that:

 - in some cases you'd want multiple hosts (tile1, tile2, tile3) to work
around HTTP connection restrictions

 - you may want to pull tiles from different http sources from the same
Fusion instance.

I guess you could store the LoadMap map properties in the AppDef too for
HTTP-based MapGuide base maps.  If you're compiling, it'll get converted
to JSON anyway :)

In my use case, selection and maptips would not be performed on the base
layer, just on overlays.

Jason