[fusion-users] Re: Reference JxDialog from a different control

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 6 15:00:25 EDT 2011

Um, I guess that version of MGE didn't include the latest jxlib.  Here is the implementation:

function $jx(id) {
  var widget = null;
  id = document.id(id);
  if (id) {
    widget = id.retrieve('jxWidget');
    if (!widget && id != document.body) {
      widget = $jx(id.getParent());
    }
  }
  return widget;
}

I am hopeful it would work with an older version of JxLib but it might not if your version of JxLib doesn't 'store' jxWidget on the element in which a widget is created.  If it doesn't work, your best bet would be to assign a reference to your dialog in a global namespace from which you can access it in other code.  You could prevent massive pollution by creating an object,

window.myStuff = {}

then where you create the dialog, use window.myStuff.myDialog = new Jx.Dialog( ... );

and where you want to collapse it, you can do window.myStuff.myDialog.toggleCollapse(); or some such.

Cheers

Paul

On 2011-10-06, at 12:43 PM, pwong wrote:

> sorry Paul, it did not work.  Firebug says "$jx is not defined".
>
> Some more info on the problem.
>
> What I have is a dialog that shows in the middle of the screen on top of the
> map, after a search is performed, a list of records is displayed in that
> dialog in a standard HTML table as content.  When a user clicks on one of
> the records, I want the dialog to automatically collapse itself so that the
> user doesn't have to manually collapse the dialog to view the underlying
> map.  I'm using MapGuide Enterprise 2011's implementation of JxLib.
>
> --

   Paul Spencer
   Chief Technology Officer
   DM Solutions Group Inc