[Gdal-dev] Python Problems

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Fri Dec 3 15:24:27 EST 2004

I'm having problems compiling the gdal python lib...
#./configure --without-geos --with-python
checking GDAL version... cvs-20041203
checking for python... python
checking where python Makefiles are... found
checking Python makefile... missing, python disabled.
checking for NumPy include files... missing
checking if local/include already standard... no, everything is ok
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating GDALmake.opt
config.status: creating port/cpl_config.h
config.status: port/cpl_config.h is unchanged

GDAL is now configured for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

  Installation directory:    /usr/local
  C compiler:                gcc -O2
  C++ compiler:              g++ -O2

  LIBTOOL support:           yes

  LIBZ support:              external
  GRASS support:             no
  CFITSIO support:           no
  PCRaster support:          no
  NETCDF support:            no
  LIBPNG support:            external
  LIBTIFF support:           internal
  LIBGEOTIFF support:        internal
  LIBJPEG support:           external
  LIBGIF support:            external
  OGDI support:              no
  HDF4 support:              no
  KAKADU support:            no
  JASPER support:            no
  ECW support:               no
  MrSID support:             no
  POSTGRESQL support:        no
  MySQL support:             no
  XERCES support:            no
  ODBC support:              no
  OCI support:               no
  DODS support:              no
  SQLite support:            no
  GEOS support:              no

  Statically link PROJ.4:    no

  Python:                    no

  enable OGR building:       yes

I think the problem is with my lack of a "NumPy" lib... so I am now
trying to get that installed, and Iget te following:

# python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'lapack_lite' extension
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.3/Src/lapack_litemodule.o
-L/usr/lib/atlas -llapack -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas -lg2c -o
build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.3/lapack_lite.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcblas
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I already had the same problem with lapack, but I was able to find the
lapack library.... I can't find a cblas library... blas is already
installed...any clues? I'm on Athlon64 on Fedora Core 2.

Thanks,
Chris