[Gdal-dev] Shape file display using AVL legend file

Ganesh P ganny_3 at rediffmail.com
Mon Mar 1 18:59:08 EST 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hello everyone

I am new to GDAL and OGR. Currently we are using Mapserver 4.0 with PHP/Mapscript and GDAL support on RedHat Linux 9.0.
We have developed a web-interface to display the raster imagery using GDAL and Mapserver and is working very well. Now, we have started displaying vector (shape) files and needed some help.
The problem is as follows:
       We have a single base map(shape file) and a few .AVL(Arc View legend) files associated with that shape file to display different maps and their corresponding legends. In ArcView, when i view the shape file with different AVL files, i get different maps and color legends.
I wanted to know, if there is any library/utility that reads the AVL files and generates the color legend and the corresponding shape file that can be used to display with mapserver ?

I have been looking on the google for a few days but couldnt find anything useful. And we are in need of finishing this very soon.

Can anyone help me on this issue ? If possible can you send me some example code or may be as to how to approach for this problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ganesh