[Gdal-dev] Ogrinfo with ESRI personal database

Todd.Southen at bentley.com Todd.Southen at bentley.com
Fri Dec 9 11:48:02 EST 2005

I'm trying to use ogrinfo on an ESRI personal database mdb file but it
just fails:

ogrinfo -summary c:\temp\MnDOT\P-069_Database.mdb
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `c:\temp\MnDOT\P-069_Database.mdb' with the
following drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> S57
  -> MapInfo File
  -> DGN
  -> VRT
  -> AVCBin
  -> REC
  -> Memory
  -> CSV
  -> GML
  -> ODBC
  -> OCI

I'm running this on Windows.  Which driver does it use?  The docs say it
uses the ODBC driver, but when I look at the ogrodbcdriver.cpp it
requires that the datasource name start with "ODBC:":

OGRDataSource *OGRODBCDriver::Open( const char * pszFilename,
                                     int bUpdate )

{
    OGRODBCDataSource     *poDS;

    if( !EQUALN(pszFilename,"ODBC:",5) )
        return NULL;

I've tried prefixing with ODBC: but this fails too.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks,
Todd.