[Gdal-dev] shaded relief utility

Ethan Alpert ealpert at digitalglobe.com
Tue Dec 13 15:53:44 EST 2005

Well I used NCAR Graphics, however there's no way to get the contours
out of NCAR Graphics. Hence my earlier email asking if anyone has seen
utilities for closed vector contours. Nearly every contouring
application I've found does not produce closed polygons but just iso
lines except NCAR Graphics. Unfortunately NCAR Graphics output is a CGM
metafile.

They do have a way of dumping text from the CGM file which I've written
a perl script to parse and create a shapefile but the shapefile is still
in the CGM's integer coordinate system. Even so this is all more steps
than there should be.

-e