[Gdal-dev] GDAL changes affecting GRASS?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 29 17:59:19 EST 2005

I've been having a problem with GRASS lately, and it seems to be
related to GDAL.  I have a GRASS bug open for it: #3585.  Noone has
provided any help so far.

The key trigger combination is: GDAL 1.3.1 (and 1.3.0, possibly the
beta), GRASS 6.0/6.1, and built with GCC 3.3 on Mac OS 10.3.  There
is no problem building with GCC 4 on Mac OS 10.4, or with GCC 3.3 and
GDAL 1.2.6.  Or if I build GRASS without GDAL.  Yes, the GCC 3.3 and
GCC 4 builds each have their dependencies built with the
corresponding GCC version.

The problem is that I get bus errors in a few module - specifically,
simple general commands such as g.remove, g.rename and g.copy (but
not others, like g.list).

So, the question for GDAL - what changed from 1.2.6 to 1.3.x that
might affect GRASS this way and only for GCC 3.3-built.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin