[Gdal-dev] Building GDAL + JNI bindings using MinGW

Andrea Aime aaime at openplans.org
Thu Aug 2 06:45:00 EDT 2007

Gibbs, Solomon ha scritto:
>  The answer is apparently that you need to make sure to pass the linker
> either --kill-at or --add-stdcall-alias for the JNI libraries. This is
> not done in the existing makefile.
>
> It just figures that I would spend days working on the issue and then
> figure it out minutes after I post to the list. :(
>

> As a side note, the makefile for the JNI libs builds dlls with names
> like "lib*jni.dll" but the Swig-written Java classes attempt to load
> "*jni.dll". Since the Windows loader does not ignore the "lib" prefix, I
> also had to update the makefile with the unprefixed library names as
> well.
>

> I would still appreciate any clarification on what the development
> status of the JNI bindings is, per my previous post, though.

Abandoned. I have been a "weekend mantainer" for some time, but in
the end grow frustrated and decided my spare time deserved something
more satisfactory to fill it in.
I guess no one is maintaining the java bindings at the moment :(
Yet, please grab up your patches and attach them to a Trac ticket
so that they are more visible and someone with commit rights can
check them in.

Cheers
Andrea