[Gdal-dev] Building GDAL + JNI bindings using MinGW

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 2 10:51:29 EDT 2007

Andrea Aime wrote:
>> I would still appreciate any clarification on what the development
>> status of the JNI bindings is, per my previous post, though.
>
> Abandoned.

Andrea,

OK, this is good to know.  It seems to be difficult to keep anyone
interested in being GDAL/OGR Java Bindings Person for any extended
period of time!

I have updated the Python, Ruby, Perl and C# Trac pages to list a primary
maintainer (Howard, Charles, Ari and Tamas respectively) and updated the
Java page to note there is no maintainer, and so the GDAL Java bindings
should be considered unsupported.

If there are any developers using the Java bindings and willing to learn
a bunch about SWIG, do testing, etc. I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Regarding the original post, MingW is still not a supported GDAL platform,
and so we don't make much effort to handle builds there.  We had discussed
adding it a while ago but with Mateusz having less time than planned for
general maintenance I think this is a bad time to add to his load.