[gdal-dev] Re: C#: Gdal on Win64

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Mon Mar 3 07:43:54 EST 2008

Healthy idea to compile GDAL myself. Not sure it would be so healthy for
me...It is nice to use FWTools. Very nice since I don't have to worry
about what I need or not need.

File formats I need to support? Well, whatever the user of my plugin
chooses to use! Png, gif, tiff, jpeg, rik, geotiff, Jpeg2000..
whatever.. The file formats listed here:
http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html
are those the ones GDAL internally support?

Oh, f_ck. I will give it a try. I guess spend half a day or so to
download what I need and a couple of hours more to get it all to work. I
guess I won't be able to create a Win64 version on my computer? Or may I
not at all need a specific Win64 version  if I remove all FWTools stuff?
Proj4 - for Win32, just need to download from http://proj.maptools.org/
and include in the same folder as GDAL is in and GDAL finds it? Or an
option while building the project?

So - all in all, if I compile the gdal-project and the C# wrappers,
include the proj4 and then I should have all I need?

Thanks for your patience with me
/Tomas