[gdal-dev] Installing test databases/servers online for the GDAL project

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Oct 28 15:09:57 EDT 2008

As far as pgsql and mysql are concerned, the first few lines of ogr_pg.py and
ogr_mysql.py describe what is required to set up the databases. For these
ones, it is pretty easy. For the other servers, I can't say.

For the record:
#
# To create the required PostGIS instance do something like:
#
#  $ createdb autotest
#  $ createlang plpgsql autotest
#  $ psql autotest < ~/postgis.sql
#

#
# To create the required MySQL instance do something like:
#
#  $ mysql -u root -p
#     mysql> CREATE DATABASE autotest;
#     mysql> GRANT ALL ON autotest.*