[gdal-dev] Can't initialize my gdal16.dll because of a C runtime error - Can somebody help?

Harsh Govind harsh.govind at spadac.com
Wed Dec 2 09:17:52 EST 2009

You probably have Visual studio installed or some other application that installed the required manifest files on your machine but is not the case on Brigitte's machine. On her machine check if for the following directory:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_x-ww_d08d0375

If you don't that means she is missing needed manifest files.

Regards,
Harsh Govind