[gdal-dev] Raster algebra with Gdal and Python

SriRam.PrasadBhasker at rmsi.com SriRam.PrasadBhasker at rmsi.com
Mon Feb 1 01:58:56 EST 2010

Suggest to Immediately Upgrade to 1.7.0

also check if the users have correct Page File Settings for the Hard Drive

1.7.0 is working excellently for Huge Images.

Thank You

             Alexander Bruy
             <alexander.bruy at g
             mail.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Greg Coats <gregcoats at mac.com>
             gdal-dev-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.osgeo.org           gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
                                       Re: [gdal-dev] Raster algebra with
             02/01/2010 12:25          Gdal and Python

2010/2/1 Greg Coats <gregcoats at mac.com>:
> Yes, GDAL can successfully process images with 15,000 columns by 15,000
rows. I have used GDAL on a computer with only 3 GB RAM to process an image
with Image Width: 260,000 Image Length: 195,000. What version of GAL are
you using? Are you using GDAL 1.7.0? What operating system are you using?
How much RAM is available to GDAL? Greg

I'm using GDAL 1.6.3 under Linux Slackware 12.2, and I plan to upgrade
to 1.7.0 today.
My computer has 2 Gb RAM and 2 Gb swap, but now I can't test this
error by myself because I have no large files. This error was reported
by users, they test code on several
Windows XP boxes with 4 Gb RAM.
I get large rasters today and try to reproduce this error.

Alexander Bruy
mailto: alexander.bruy at gmail.com
gdal-dev mailing list
gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org