[gdal-dev] reading VPF format NGA DNCs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 14 16:56:44 EST 2010

Martin Chapman wrote:
> Looks to me like your gltp string is incorrect but I am not the authority on this. I have made it work before with vpf but as I remember you needed to get that gltp string right and I thought you needed to specify the layer with an @ sign. Look at the vpf / ogdi docs under ogr for an example.
>
> Martin

Christopher,

For what it's worth, the connection string I use is:

   gltp:/vrf/home/warmerda/data/vpf/dnc13/h1316010

Within the h1316010 directory I have files in lower case:

warmerda at gdal64[105]% ls h1316010/
cat  dqy  env  hyd  lcr  libref  lineage.doc  obs  rel
cul  ecr  grt  iwy  lht  lim     nav          por  tileref

The driver is (I believe) case sensitive on linux/unix.  I can't
actually easily test this now as I don't have OGDI built into my development
build.