[gdal-dev] grid from point dataset without interpolation

Matthew Snape SnapeM at rpsgroup.com
Wed Jan 27 11:57:00 EST 2010

Hi,

I have a set of points in a shapefile that represent gridded height
data.  I would like to convert them to a raster without using any
interpolation, merely using each point as the centre of a cell.  I have
tried using gdal_grid with the nearest algorithm but this appears very
slow.  Is there a better way?

my current command is:

gdal_grid -a nearest -txe 420000 640000 -tye 240000 460000 -outsize 4400
4400 -of "GTiff" -ot Int16 -co "COMPRESS=LZW" -zfield HEIGHT -l all
all.shp all.tif

Thanks, Matthew

This e-mail message and any attached file is the property of the sender and is sent in confidence to the addressee only.
Internet communications are not secure and RPS is not responsible for their abuse by third parties, any alteration or corruption in transmission or for any loss or damage caused by a virus or by other means.

Any advice contained in this e-mail is for information purposes only.

RPS Planning and Development Limited, company number: 02947164 (England). Registered office: Centurion Court, 85 Milton Park Abingdon Oxfordshire OX14 4RY.
RPS Group Plc web link: <http://www.rpsgroup.com>