[gdal-dev] Is a way to just get the minimum bounding polygon of just the image.

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 09:24:13 EDT 2010

Does anyone know of a tool that will derive the minimum bounding
polygon of the actual image within a geotiff not including the black
area on the outside of the image that makes the entire image a
rectangle.  I know that you can derive the minimum bounding rectangle
of the entire geotiff by running gdalinfo, but I need to know if their
is a way to just get the minimum bounding polygon of just the image.

Thanks,

John

--
John J. Mitchell