[gdal-dev] Affine Transforming an OGR Shape

JamesFinkle jamesfinkle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:20:06 EDT 2011

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me with the issue I'm trying to solve here. I was
given a non-georeferenced scanned map as a raster and told to make
shapefiles for certain features of the map. It was not until I had finished
doing so that I realized that it was not georeferenced. I was able to
georeference the map raster itself through setting an affine transformation
with GDALDataset::SetGeoTransform(...). However, after searching fairly
exhaustively, I cannot find a way to do the same to the shapefiles.
GDALDataset::GetProjectionRef() is supposed to give a wkt that corresponds
to this affine transformation, which I would be able to create a
SpatialReference with to transform the shapefiles, but when invoked, it
gives me an empty string.

Thanks,
James