[gdal-dev] Re: ogr2ogr GML creation encoding issue

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:12:20 EST 2012

It turns out that the issue was not related to ogr2ogr at all, the
translation worked fine.  The problem was two issues, first I was
using putty to access my server to run ogr, you need to have the
character set to be UTF-8 and have a font that supports the
characters.  The second issue was that QGIS seems to have a issue with
the GML encoding (works with PostGIS).

Thanks for the help