[gdal-dev] how should SpatialReference::EPSGTreatsAsLatLong work?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:00:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out, how OGRSpatialReference::EPSGTreatAsLatLong is
supposed to be working -> I'm not able to get any proper result.

I'm playing with the python interface at this place (and assume, C-api
would work similar way).

When I create OGRSpatialReference and import it from EPSG with the code
4326, I would say, EPSGTreatAsLatLong should return True:

from osgeo import osr
sr = osr.SpatialReference()
sr.ImportFromEPSG(4326)
sr.EPSGTreatAsLatLong()
0

Same applies, when trying the same with e.g. EPSG:3035

sr.ImportFromEPSG(3035)
sr.EPSGTreatAsLatLong()
0

Both do have (accordi ng to http://epsg-registry.org/) north,east axis
order, so I would asssume EPSGTreatAsLatLong would return True

Could anybody give me a hint, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Jachym