[gdal-dev] [SPAM?]: Re: Adding labels / specifying styles

Benoît Laurent blaurent at heurisis.eu
Thu May 2 08:53:18 PDT 2013

Thank you for your answer.

> On 2013-05-02, at 8:45 AM, Benoît Laurent wrote:
>
>> After that, I am importing my shapefiles in QGis. Maybe, I should
>> create my labels using a Python script based on the added text column ?
>
> You shouldn't have to use Python to draw labels, there are
> capabilities in the properties for each layer in QGIS that allow you
> to select which column to use for the label text.  It's really simple :)
Indeed, I managed to do this manually. It perfectly works.

However, I deal with a great number of files and I would like to
accelerate the process. That is why I am asking for a script based
solution. I can already import all my shapefiles with a Python script. I
would like to indicate which column to use as label.

Regards,

Benoît