[gdal-dev] GDAL driver plugins on github ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 19 09:29:33 PDT 2023

Le 19/07/2023 à 16:32, Andrew C Aitchison a écrit :

> I would like to put a gdal driver on github *as a plugin*.
> Are there any existing gdal drivers, or other projects that
> depend upon gdal, already separately in github that I could
> use as a starting point ?
>
> Any other suggestions as how to do this would be welcomed,
> bearing in mind that if mine is the first, it may be copied
> by future plugins.
Not necessarily meant to be a reference, but
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal-extra-drivers/ has a CMake integration for
plugin drivers

> * I have offered another driver as a pull request,
> but Evan found reviewing my code to be overwhelming.

Ah ah, apparently those were my own words, seeing
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/4092 . Well, reviewing a new driver
for a format you're not familiar with is obviously a significant task,
that said I did an initial review of it and gave some hints to make it
progress. For major contributions, some tenacity might be necessary to
convince grumpy maintainers :-)

Even