[gdal-dev] Bumping TileDB minimum from 2.7 to 2.15 for GDAL 3.9?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Apr 24 11:45:39 PDT 2024

Hi,

A future TileDB version will remove various deprecated API that the GDAL
TileDB driver currently uses. https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9725
migrates away from those deprecated APIs, but that causes the minimum
requirement from TileDB to go from 2.7 to 2.15. It would probably be
wise to backport this cleanup in the 3.9 branch, so that it doesn't
cause later packaging issues, typically with conda-forge builds as soon
as they will package the future TileDB version removing the deprecated
APIs, which might occur during the GDAL 3.9.x life cycle. Does anyone
see an issue in doing this bump? The few distributions I'm aware of
shipping TileDB meet the >= 2.15 requirement: Conda-forge already ships
TileDB 2.22, Alpine Linux is a 2.17.4.

Even