[gdal-dev] OGDI 4.1.1 is released

Philippe Ghesquiere philippe.ghesquiere at airbus.com
Thu Feb 1 08:35:00 PST 2024

Hi Even,

It is great to hear that some people still take care of this library :-)
Lately, I have tried to compile it with Visual C 2019. And I gave up,
because of too many errors ...
I wonder how people running GDAL under windows manage to compile it, for
example QGIS.

Do you have any hints ?
Thanks
Philippe

On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 4:56 PM Even Rouault via gdal-dev <
gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Following the well-known motto "release early, release often", and given
> the last release was 4.5 years ago :-), I've cut down a OGDI 4.1.1
> release. The main motivation was that 4.1.0 no longer built with recent
> compilers.
>
> 4.1.1 changes:
>   o  Fix various compiler warnings, in particular for gcc 14 (fixes #23)
>   o  Remove ogdi/attr_driver subdirectory (ODBC stuff) (fixes #23)
>   o  Support GNU Hurd
>   o  Support hardening buildflags set in the environment
>   o  contrib/gdal: Fix C99 compatibility issue
>   o  Add link libraries accordingly: $(EXPAT_LINKLIB), etc. (PR #16)
>
> Source downloads at:
>
> -
>
> https://github.com/libogdi/ogdi/releases/download/ogdi_4_1_1/ogdi-4.1.1.tar.gz
>
> -
> https://github.com/libogdi/ogdi/releases/download/ogdi_4_1_1/ogdi-4.1.1.zip
>
> For those wondering what OGDI is, this is an (obscure & antiquated)
> piece of code whose main purpose nowadays is to read VPF  / VRF / DCW /
> VMAP vector files.
>
> Even
>
> --
> http://www.spatialys.com

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.