[gdal-dev] Segmentation fault (core dumped) in gdal_translate & ogrinfo & ogr2ogr

Michael Otto michael.otto at data-experts.de
Tue Feb 27 03:40:44 PST 2024

Hello,

with a lot of effort and support from this group I created a first static
version of GDAL (incl. the apps) under Linux x64 using vcpkg.

For testing I copied the built apps and the data files to different target
platforms and set the environment variables accordingly.
In a current Linux Mint VM and in an Alpine Linux 3.13 Docker container,
the command line calls worked perfectly.

Under a Fedora Linux 39 Docker container (docker pull fedora, ...) an
error occurs when executing ogrinfo, ogr2ogr and gdal_translate (the other
tools were not tested):

>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Does anyone have an idea or know what the problem is?

Michael