[gdal-dev] Lack of srs importFromESRI integer function

Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] jesse.r.meyer at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 10 09:44:26 PST 2024

Hi,

Our team has moved away from providing geographic / projected CRS codes as strings and prefer using integers where possible.  However, in the C++ API, I only see an integer based importFromEPSG function, which doesn’t appear to accept ESRI codes (crs not found error message).  We’re targeting an Albers projection which is distinguished by an ESRI integer.

Curiously, the proj database doesn’t seem to make this distinction – the table column is simply ‘code’ and I can find the projection row manually, alongside EPSG projections.

Can such a function be provided by the API (if it doesn’t already exist – I couldn’t find it – there are no integer overloads of importFromESRI)?

Please advise -- thanks,
Jesse