[gdal-dev] false easting and northing units

Kirk Waters - NOAA Federal kirk.waters at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 25 08:08:10 PST 2024

Even,
Thanks for the explanation and tips. I'm not clear on how setting to 26988
(Michigan North meters) would help. If I do a gdal_translate with that, it
shows as being in New Zealand, just as Arc had done. It would certainly
make lots more sense to actually put the data in a standard projection that
has an EPSG code (meters or international feet), but that gets back to the
embarrassing tale. It may well be that I'll have to force GeoTiff 1.0. I
think there are other software packages that haven't caught up. Even when
they do catch up, I've come across people running 15 year old CAD software
and complaining about the DXF version GDAL produces.

Thanks to the whole team for the work you do to maintain GDAL.

Kirk